Sunday, November 23, 2008
On Friday, I received a very lovely package from Arriana Stylos. It was chock full of goodies, including a extra-cute hat and bag. The hat is a bulky and warm cabled cap, and the bag is a red cabled hand bag. There was also a really cute unique set of dpn holders that is a unicorn and a wizard. She also sent me a set of Brittany DPN's and 2 skeins of fiery Lorna's Laces sock yarn that my husband has already claimed for his next pair of socks. She also sent me a bag of Sour Patch Kids and 2 large Hershey Kisses. The pattern she sent me is Firestarter by Yarnissima. My husband's also claimed the hat - he really likes it because it is so warm, even though it makes him look like a little kid!
Thanks so much Arriana!!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
2. What does Luna say floated into Harry's ear when he was in the train car that supposedly caused him to lose focus?
3. How much do the primary Apparition lessons cost?
d. 12 galleons
4. What is Professor Merrythought's first name?
5. What Hogwarts club was Eileen Prince captain of?
b. Gobstones Club
6. Who is head of the Goblin Liaison office?
b. Dirk Cresswell
7. Mrs. Weasley offers Fleur a goblin-made tiara for the wedding with Bill. What family member is currently in possession of the tiara?
a. Aunt Muriel
8. How many points does Snape take from Gryffindor for Harry's late arrival and muggle attire?
9. When Profressory Slughorn first meets Hermione, he asks her whether she is related to Hector Dagworth-Granger. What society did Dgworth-Granger found?
d. The Most Extraordinary Society of Potioneers
10. Which of these describes Golpalott's Third Law?
d. The antidote for a blended poison will be equal to more than the sum of the antidotes for each of the separtea components
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
2. What drink does Romilda Vane try to give Harry?
3. What is the name of the person who heads the Holyhead Harpies?
b. Gwenog Jones
4. How many ‘Exceeds Expectation’ grades does Harry receive in his O.W.L’s?
5. What is Professor Sughorn’s favorite candy?
d. Crystallized Pineapple
6. What tattoo is Harry reported to have on his chest?
7. What color robes do the staff at the Weasley’s shop wear?
8. What is the man outside Flourish and Blotts selling?
9. How much is the skull, which Hermione enquires about at Borgin and Burkes, worth?
c. 16 Galleons
10. What are Professor Slughorn’s initials?
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Who is the HSKS6 SPEW coordinator? Cliodna Acromantula
Which Gryff student just returned from London? Lady Felula
Which Gryffindor has cats named after the muggle rock band, The Ramones? Dagmara
What is your favorite childhood television program (Magic or Muggle)? Belle and Sebastian
What is your favorite adult television program (Magic or Muggle)? The Office
Which travel destination did you last visit? Yucatan, Mexico
What was your last finished object (FO)? Small knitted bags
How many project(s) planned for holiday gifts? 4 How many do you expect to actually finish and give? 4 - 3.5 already done
Who is the mother of Half Blood Prince? Eileen Prince
Which Weasley became engaged in Book 6 (Half Blood Prince)? Bill
What is the result of a Sectumsempra curse? Cuts the target
Who used a Bezoar to reverse poisoning? Harry
Thursday, September 25, 2008
c. Emmeline Vance
2. What animal does Bellatrix Lestrange kill when she and her sister, Narcissa, are going to see Professor Snape?
3. What time does Professor Dumbledore collect Harry from Privet Drive?
b. 11 p.m.
4. What did Professor Sluhorn transform into when he was trying to hide from Harry and Professor Dumbledore?
a. An armchair
5. What grade did Harry get for Herbology?
a. E – Exceeds Expectation
6. Herbert Chorley, the Prime Minister’s Junior Minster, has been entertaining the public by impersonating which animal?
b. A duck
7. What is Professor Sprout’s first name?
8. What is Dumbledore’s idea of ‘a few words’?
d. nitwit, oddment, blubber and tweak
9. Who is Marcus Belby’s famous uncle?
10. What is Snape’s mother’s name?
b. Eileen Prince
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Rav ID: Tangwystel
I am allergic to:
Pets that I have:
cats, dogs, sheep, llamas, chickens, parrots, guineas...
My favorite yarn: I'm not picky, anything that's natural fiber. If pressed, Noro.
If you are a Ravenclaw, do you prefer the film colors or the book colors?
My favorite flavor: Persimmon
My favorite holiday: Halloween, Thanksgiving or Christmas Halloween
I would like to receive a: (Sock kit, scarf kit or yarn dyeing kit) Sock kit
List your favorite brand of needles or hooks, including size and length: For socks - size 1 or 2, HARDWOOD or metal needles (the bamboos are too flexie)
Is there a brand that you are dying to try?: Knit picks harmony dpns
I've participated in HSKS: (How many times have you participated in HSKS swaps?) this is my 4th time!
Do you have a birthday during this swap? If so which day?
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
d. South of France
2. Professor Umbridge comes to Hagrid's Hut and searches his cabin one evening (as she believes Harry, Ron and Hermione are there visiting him at night when they are not supposed to). When she walks past the place where Harry, Ron and Hermione are hiding under the Invisibility Cloak, Harry holds his breath. True or false?
3. A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl is one of the members of the Advance Guard who rescues Harry from Privet Drive. What is her name?
a. Emmeline Vance
4. What is the name of the witch who was killed two weeks after the photo of the original Order of the Phoenix was taken?
b. Marlene McKinnon
5. Which two fifth year Ravenclaw students does Dumbledore choose to be prefects?
d. Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil
6. Which house was Rose Zeller sorted into?
7. What is the color of Murtlap's essence?
8. Name the Ravenclaw girl who became prefect in Harry's fifth year.
b. Padma Patil
9. According to a healer's portrait at St. Mungo's hospital, which disease was Ron suffering from?
10. Which book did Harry give Hermione for Christmas?
a. "New Theory of Numberology"
Picture Scavenger Hunt
(Extra 5 pts - What movie will Robert Patterson star in this December? Twilight)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Today our neighborhood owl brought me the package of all packages from Arabella Moody! What a generous young lady of Hogwarts!! I opened it up and saw a fantastic, ornate Bag of Holding for all of my projects! It definitely showcased Ms. Moody's skill with the needle, because it is COVERED with cables, in Gryffindor colors. I can't wait to show it off to all the muggles in my life!! It will be perfect for carrying my yarn and wallet as I make my way through the day.
Next, there was a perfectly lovely little treasure chest filled with all manner of little goodies. The chest itself will be perfect for containing all my small knitting items. It had 2 sets of point protectors, a 4 pack of yarn needles (always need more of these!), some "Hand Knitted by.." tags, which are perfect for my gifts I'm knitting this year, a tape measure, a set of bamboo DPN's, a pack of Bertie Botts (I'll plan on avoiding the Earthworm flavored ones!) and a beautiful hand made necklace! I really like the necklace, it has small leaves, ladybugs and flowers on it and reminds me of fall.
The package has only just begun, however. Ms. Moody was amazingly generous! I also got...
TWO addi turbo needles (dang girl!)
Notepaper in the shape of an N (for my muggle name)
a pack of bookmarks which will be perfect for marking patterns
a Mad Lib book (I haven't done one of these in like 20 years!)
a Harry Potter Uno Deck (LOL, I haven't played this in 20 years either!! Bringing me back to my Junior High years!! It will be fun!)
Very nice Gryffindor beaded stitch markers
Socks Soar on 2 Circs by Cat Bordhi (which is awesome because I've always wanted this book but never actually bought it)
2 skeins of Knitpicks Risata which is an elasticized yarn (I'll be excited to try this!) in Gryffindor colors
A whole bunch of sock patterns with Harry Potter Themes: Minerva's Lucky Quidditch Socks, Merope, Simply Ginny, and a Hedwig Shadow Dishcloth pattern
And last but definitely not least, a tiny handknit sock in Gryff colors and a tiny sock blocker keychain!! I LOVE THIS!! It is so cute!! It also came with instructions so you can make your own socks for the keychain!! How clever!!
I think Ms. Moody should DEFINITELY be nominated for best package. I couldn't believe how many goodies she filled it with!
Thank you so much!! I love everything!!
LOL At last minute I forgot to add that Ms. Moody has also sent me the 2 Hogwarts Textbooks "Quidditch through the Ages" and "Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them". They were out of the package when I wrote this because I had already started to read them in preparation for next term!!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Thursday, June 26, 2008
- Who is your favorite member of the Order of the Phoenix? Tonks
- Favorite person at Hogwarts? Hagrid
- Favorite spell or charm to use? Canary Transfiguration Hex
- Best and worst classes at Hogwarts? Care of magical creatures - best, Arithmancy - worst
- Favorite flower? Lilac
- What is your beverage of choice? Coffee, tea, latte, soda/pop? Coffee, anything with coffee
- Favorite muggle music? Celtic Rock
- How many family members do you have? 2 in the house, 5 in immediate family
- What do you do on your summer vacation? This year, take care of my sick mom. What is your Favorite vacation ever taken? Hawaii
- What is your favorite subject at Hogwarts? Why? Care of magical creatures. It's never boring dealing with critters.
- How many pairs of shoes (footwear) do you have? probably about 7. Which are your favorite pair? Crocs because I'm lazy and they are comfortable
- How many projects do you have OTN (on the needles)? Oh geez, you mean I have to count?????
- What is the oldest project you're working on and when did you cast it on? probably this afghan made in strips - this time last year.
- Favorite food(s)? Indian food, Thai food, chocolate. Darn now I'm hungry...
Sunday, June 22, 2008
I'm sorry I've been such a bad participant this time, and I'm sorry I missed posting for quidditch this time. It's not very easy to access the internet at my Mom's, and the last time I checked, quidditch questions weren't up yet, and then the rush to pack up, finish chores for Mom, say goodbyes and go home took all my time.
I'm really sorry if I screwed things up for Gryffindor. I haven't even checked to see who found the snitch. I haven't been a good swapper this time, but I can guarantee that my spoilee will get an excellent package.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Albus Dumbledore's middle names?
3. Which educational decree introduced a High Inquisitor to Hogwarts?
4. Apart from Harry, Ron and Hermione, who was the first person to enter the Hog's Head that showed an interest in Harry's Defence Against the Dark Arts classes?
- Neville Longbottom
5. In the first Quidditch match of the year which player attempted to score first?
a. Angelina Johnson
6. What kind of bush does Harry hide behind to listen to the news?
a. A hydrangea bush
7. Why is Mundungus Fletcher disguised as a woman when he witnesses the DA (Dumbledore's Army) meeting in the Hog's Head pub?
b. He was banned from the Hog’s Head pub 20 years ago.
8. When Harry and Cho go on their first date to Madam Puddifoot's in Hogsmeade, what is it decorated with for Valentine's Day?
c. Golden cherubs and pink confetti
9. How old is Sturgis Podmore and where does he live?
a. 38 and number 2
10. What did Fred and George Weasley do to Montague?
a. Forced him head-first into a Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor.
Picture Scavenger Hunt
Saturday, May 24, 2008
2. What is the full name of Gryffindor house ghost Nearly Headless Nick?Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington
3. Which Ravenclaw sports a hat with a Gryffindor-like life sized lion's head which roars in Order of the Phoenix? Luna Lovegood
4. Name five members of the Order of the Phoenix.
5. What is the profession of Hermione Granger's parents? Dentists
6. What is your favorite thing to knit or crochet? cables and fair isle
7. What is Professor Minerva McGonagall's animagus? Tabby cat
8. What size needles (DPNs, circular or loop) do you prefer for knitting socks? I don't have a preference, I only just began knitting socks - have only used DPNS
9. Where are the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix? 12 Grimmauld Place
10. What is your favorite pastime when not studying at Hogwarts? Besides knitting? Playing with my animals, the SCA.
11. What is the name of the last book you read? I'm reading Memoirs of a Geisha, and previous to that Rilla of Ingleside
12. Which Gryffindor used to play "Charlie's Angels" and always was Bosley? Lizzie Wychwood
FYI - I've had the HSKS logo on this site the whole time, it was near the bottom. I'm moving it to the side.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Monday, March 24, 2008
And I am feeling SOOO spoiled! What an awesome package!!! I can't even believe how nice it was. Here's some pics...but let me describe the wonders that were in store for me - first and foremost, the most fantastic knit and felted bag - a BIG bag that can fit all my knitting, not just socks! 4 balls of great Rowan yarn for the Clock Sock pattern in Folk Socks - she gave me the Folk Socks book, with a HP bookmark to mark my place!! This is awesome, because I'm in the SCA and I've heard great things about this book from the person who taught me how to knit. The yarn is in a nice rich red, which has made my husband claim it as HIS yarn to make HIS socks. Also, the stitch markers she sent me were just great - they had dragons and trees, lions and Gryffindor crests!! I love them! Plus, there were a ton of other goodies, like candy and a hand embroidered Goblet of Fire stitch marker tin - OH! and a hand made Gryffindor Needle Case, which I really needed!! YAY!!! Emma, you really, really outdid yourself!!! I hope I'm not forgetting anything - I might be, there was just so much stuff in my package! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Thursday, January 31, 2008
On another note, I purchased some nice cotton yarn to knit a special magical bag for my partner!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Teach us something, please,
Whether we be old and bald
Or young with scabby knees,
Our heads could do with filling
With some interesting stuff,
For now they're bare and full of air,
Dead flies and bits of fluff,
So teach us things worth knowing,
Bring back what we've forgot,
Just do your best, we'll do the rest,
And learn until our brains all rot.